Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Lost.. with no directions...

Haven't updated in awhile. Nothing much happened. Dear started working at his new job already, but he is not loving his job at all. The company is really disorganised, with no proper system. Always coming up with last minute changes and last minute rules. You can't even take medical leave half way through work if you are not feeling well. No urgent leave even if something comes up last min and they operate by a 'fine' system, if you do something wrong, they fine you $10 each time. The GM in the company can't even speak proper english and half the time people can't understand what he is saying. Worse thing is when the GM shouts vulgarities when he lectures a employee. I always felt it was really bad to work under a boss that don't know how to treat their employees right. Just cause you are the GM does not give you the right to treat your workers like dogs. Overall, the company is not very transparent about things. But even with all these negative things about the company, dear is persevering and will leave after he finds another job. I'm proud of him, he wanted to give up and just hand in his resignation letter after the first day of work, but he didn't and i'm very proud of him for not doing so. I really hope P-serv will get back to him and give him a chance to try out the job position they were offering. He really deserves this break in life.

As for me, my own GM didn't get back to me on my request. Honestly, i'm quite disappointed in him. Got to know from my colleague that he haven't even got about to talking to the marcom manager about my preposition, but he has the time to walk up and down to catch people for being late and chit chat. I don't know what next step to take. =( I have been applying for jobs, but not a single reply. I do not understand why people must put all these expectations of customising cover letters for every job to fit the employer, because people seriously do not have the time to do such things especially when you are still in between jobs.

I was considering if i should go back to studying and get a degree if i do not have another job by the time my contract is up in end May or should i just continue to look for a job, which is going to be hard because i will be fighting with all the degree grads and most of the employer's expect at least a degree for the job position. =(

Dear God, thank you for everything you have given me. Please continue to show me the way and help me make the right decisions. Help my dear to be able to get a job he loves and will enjoy doing.

1 comment:

  1. you can study part time and work full time. i feel there are a lot of positions for diploma holders when i am hunting for jobs.. u are looking for positions related to events planning and marketing right?

    ReplyDelete